"bringberry" Integrated Chain Strap Connectors - Glossy Nickel - Pkg of Four
"bringberry" Integrated Chain Strap Connectors - Glossy Nickel - Pkg o
These gorgeous Strap Connectors with their integrated oval chain would make a stunning addition to your designer handbag or tote! With the shiny quality chain, thick flat cast d-rings and rectangle strap connectors, these are a unique alternative to commonly used bag straps.
A custom item designed and assembled here at bringberry, these are a made to order product using quality, glossy hardware. Each chain strap connector comes fully assembled and ready to install along your bag top edge using the included four screws. The heavy duty oval chain has been stress tested to withstand up to 10lbs and the D-ring accommodates a 20mm strap width.
Available in sets of four which includes four strap connectors, four chain lengths and four thick d-rings. All items come fully assembled and ready to install.
Available in Glossy Nickel plating only.
Total Connector Length and width: 123mm long x 28.5mm wide (4 7/8" x 1 1/8")
D-ring Inner Dimensions: 20mm wide x 15mm high (7/8" x 5/8")
- i) disassemble the connector by removing the screws from the back plate
- ii) using the back connector plate as a template, mark the notches that must be cut out from the bag top edge. These notch marks must match the connector inner dimensions of ~ 6mm wide by 21.5mm long.
- iii) using the back connector plate, mark the screw hole placements. Then using the front plate, mark notches to accommodate the placement of the post holder.
- iv) cut out the marked connector "notches" and test to ensure that the connector fits properly within the notch. Then carefully cut or punch out your post holder notches and screw holes.
- vi) place the front plate with the chain hooked on the long narrow post holder along the top bag exterior, being sure to match the notches, post position and screw holes. Then replace the back plate on the bag interior, matching the screw holes with the front plate and then install the screws.
- Tips and Hints: Use fray check along the edges of your cut holes and notches with fabric bag exteriors. This will keep stray threads from poking out of the back of your connector and along the inner sides of the hardware. You may also want to apply an adhesive such as Fabric Tac or Ht2 Guttermann Textile glue for extra bonding strength. Just dab a small amount along the front hardware plate and edge channels being careful to avoid having it ooze out the sides when the hardware has been completely installed.